7.31.2013

Sriracha

Do you know about sriracha sauce?

It's my new favorite.  There's some interpersonal debate on pronunciation (sree-rah-cha or suh-rah-chee?) but it doesn't matter.

I have been adding it to things that I typically add mayonnaise to - potato salad, cole slaw, and chicken salad - with remarkable effects.

It's just the tiniest bit spicy, but the zing doesn't present itself at the beginning of the bite.  It's more of a post-taste.  I've been experimenting with about 1-2 tablespoons of the stuff to 1/2-3/4 cup of mayonnaise.
Sriracha slaw

Do you use the stuff?  What do you use it on or in?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! We've been putting it on everything lately. Thanks to your influence, using it as a topping for scrambled eggs (or any other kind of eggs) has been glorious. Last night, its addition saved a relatively unpleasant eggplant disaster and made it into a yummy side dish. That stuff is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have guessed it'd go with eggplant. I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I'll have to try this out!!

    ReplyDelete