6.26.2013

Sausage Balls and Lil' Smokies (adapted for yankee states)


Sausage Balls:
Mix 1 pound spicy sausage, 1 pound shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 cups Bisquick in a large bowl until combined.  Roll into walnut sized balls and bake on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes at 350 or until golden.

Lil' Smokies (sorta)
Stir together 1 jar chili sauce, 1 small jar grape jelly, and 1 package of lil' smokies sausages in the crockpot.  Cook on high 2 hours or low 4, until sauce has thickened and sausages are hot.
*adapted version - if you live in a yankee state and can't find lil' smokies sausages, frozen meatballs will do in a pinch (which is the route I had to take).


Both of these are great party foods and are easily doubled!  Once you start bringing these to parties, though, you'll be that person who always brings them (my friend Brooke is a good sport about being that girl, but we won't let her show up without them now.)

These were two of the dishes we served at the recent North Carolina themed party we threw for some friends who are moving to the great state.  Next time I make it down south, I may have to stock up on some lil' smokies so I can really show 'em how it's done up here.  Or, maybe I should keep scouring the grocery stores until I find them.  I hear sometimes managers take special requests.

1 comment:

  1. I can get the lil smokies even here in this country (though a little funky), but I can't get the chili sauce (or BBQ sauce I've seen too) and grape jelly. Too bad we can't share. :(

    ReplyDelete