6.11.2013

Guacamole and Black Bean Tacos

Makes 6 tacos (serves 2-3)
recipe adapted from Whole Living
guacamole and black bean tacos
6 corn tortillas, warmed
1 avocado
juice of 1/2 lime
1 Tbsp. chopped onion
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1/4-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
dash chili powder
1/2 - 3/4 c. black beans
Garnishes: shredded cheese, lettuce, sour cream

To make the guacamole, cut avocado in half and remove pit.  Mash the avocado in a small bowl with the lime juice, onion, cilantro, cumin, salt, and chili powder.  Adjust seasonings to taste.

Divide the guacamole evenly between the 6 tortillas.  Top each with about 2 tablespoons of black beans.  Sprinkle on cheese, and top with greens and a dollop of sour cream.

Meal preparation in the summer time means a few things to me: first, I do not want to spend lots of time inside preparing food, when I could be outside.  Second, I prefer short cooking methods that don't overheat my kitchen (or me).  This is where black beans and standard fridge staples really come through for us - many times for lunch or dinner we just stir together some quick ingredients and enjoy our simple meal!  I first saw this recipe on Pinterest and adjusted it slightly based on what I had on hand.  It was so good that I had to share it!  (oh, and given the fact that I just wrote a post about how to cook dried beans, I figured it'd be nice to share a few things to do with them).

No comments:

Post a Comment