12.16.2012

Ginger Crinkles

Yay!  Another guest post - and this one is from my sweetwonderfulfunnyawesomelovely Cousin Becky!  She lives in DC and saves babies on her day (night) job, and does rockin' things like visit the White House, rock climb, and visit me on her time off.  Not only am I thankful to call this girl family (which means she's stuck with the likes of me), I'm so pleased that she sent me this recipe to share!  I have to say though, I'm a little afraid that with all these wonderful guest posts that you've been getting, you're going to stop reading rhymeswithsmile once the holidays are over and we're back to crock pot meals and soup.  
I mean, really.
Who wouldn't want to try a recipe on a guest post by this gal?
Ginger Crinkles 
A recipe from the White House Pastry Kitchen
8 oz (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 whole eggs
1/3 cup molasses
2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp dried ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup granulated sugar (for dipping)

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Beat butter and brown sugar in large mixing bowl until creamy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add molasses and fresh ginger.
5. Combine flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, and salt in a small mixing bowl.
6. Add the flour mixture to large mixing bowl, and stir until combined.
7. Use a small spoon to scoop cookies into small balls, dip in 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, and place on parchment lined baking sheet sugar side up.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or less if you like them chewy.
9. Remove from oven and allow cookies to rest for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
Yields 30-36 cookies.

Remember when I went to Europe a couple of summers ago?  It was with this gal.  Read about it here, if you like ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment