1.31.2010

tortilla soup sunday

corn
diced tomatoes
jalapenos
chicken broth
black beans
shredded chicken
spices: cumin, chili powder, oregano, pepper, salt


Mix the above in whatever quantities you want/have, and simmer on low heat for 20-25 minutes.
Serve in bowls with sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado chunks, and crushed chips.


My husband took me snow driving today.  Marrying him was (and continues to be) the biggest adventure of my life.  He makes me try new things like going up icy hills, fishtailing around curves, and maneuvering sledders and awkwardly stranded cars on the side of the road.  We determined that I need to know how to drive when inclement weather happens, so he dutifully pulled my car out of the driveway (what a sweetie!) and we drove in circles around our neighborhood.  I did OK for the most part.  One lesson I did learn: getting stuck on a hill and having to back down and accelerate up it five times before making it all the way up is so much more fun when there's a dog hanging out the back window and a husband in the passenger seat.
Enough adventure for one day.  I had to have some trusty tortilla soup to bring me back to a warm, comforting reality.  

No comments:

Post a Comment