1.17.2010

Stitching Hope Update

I thought that maybe we could raise $100 for the project.  
I confess that I underestimated my AMAZING friends and family.
Turns out, we're three days into it and over $1000 (yes, you read that right) has been pledged.
I'm blown away.
Don't let that deter you from still entering the raffle.  The only way you're sure you're not going to win is if you don't enter at all.  And if you don't know me and don't want to send a stranger your $5, donate it to a charity of your choice for Haiti relief, and let me know!  You have absolutely nothing to lose, and a really awesome quilt to gain.  Plus, someone in Haiti will REALLY appreciate it!
I want to close this update with a good point that a friend of mine shared with me:
"i've spent some time talking to friends and reading news stories, and i have learned that the best thing we can do right now is donate money. haiti can only handle a certain number of people and guys like me have no skill set, but efforts ... to raise money and awareness are exactly what is needed right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment